Our busy laboratory is currently seeking a Data Entry Technician/Lab Assistant. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with team members in other departments to coordinate the collection of water and plant tissue specimens on a daily basis. Samples must then be processed, analyzed, and the resulting data must be entered in a quick and organized fashion. Job will also require some cleaning and maintenance and also occasional plant care.
You will be trained on various analytical instruments and equipment necessary to perform the job. You must be able to perform repetitive tasks for long periods as there is a lot of data to enter on a daily basis. Schedule is somewhat flexible and will start at 3 days per week, with the possibility of expanding to 5 days per week.
Pay is $15/hr with an initial 30 day probation period of $13/hr.
• Daily collection of water specimens
• Daily collection of plant tissue specimens
• Type in data provided from analytical instruments
• Utilize spreadsheets with large numbers of figures without mistakes
• Verify data by comparing it to source documents
• Update existing data
• Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
• Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
• Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
• Transfer data from spreadsheets into company’s data management platform
• Excellent organizational skills are CRITICAL
• Ability to work alone for long periods
• Attention to detail
• Typing speed and accuracy
• Working knowledge of spreadsheets (i.e., Excel)
• Basic understanding of databases
• Good command of English both oral and written skills
• Great attention to detail
• High school degree or equivalent
Data entry experience and/or a working knowledge of lab equipment is a plus
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers