house laundry in bldg no smoking detached garage no private bath private room
QR Code Link to This Post
Our dear long-time roomie is off to Alaska (not because of us ;-) so we have a room open:
Live on your own beach. Available April 1 or possibly sooner.
Surprisingly, you can get to downtown Seattle OR Tacoma in 55 minutes, with no sitting in traffic!
WHO? Peaceful, considerate group of four seeks one more friendly, creative housemate of any age/gender/background, to share a big beautiful place on the coveted "Burton Peninsula" in Quartermaster Harbor. We mostly have day jobs, and are artists, outdoorsy, musicians, writers, etc. A mix of boys and girls, straight and LGBT. We have busy lives but try to connect regularly.
HOW MUCH? $750, plus $65/month average share of utilities, plus $25 a month each person for a professional housecleaner. So your TOTAL MONTHLY is $840. Deposit: $840. Also, as housemates we each pitch in around the property and help out an hour a week on average, with various chores according to our abilities and preferences.
HOW BIG? This sprawling 1.25 acre south-facing beach property features a wonderful old house with about 8 bedrooms and 4 baths spread over three floors (including a cozy basement rec room/ gym) totalling about 3500 s.f. This is a huge house and property
HOW MANY? There will be 5 housemates total. (So, that leaves a guest-room / and some extra-rooms.)
The house and grounds offer plenty of nooks and crannies to find solitude, as well as comfortable common rooms to join the group for a nice meal, a bottle of wine, game night, or just to hear and cheer about each other's exploits and endeavors.
WHAT DO YOU GET? The room that's opened up now is:
- Private bedroom -- biggest available, about 125 s.f., with closet, plus a cabinet under the eaves.
- Share any of 3 bathrooms with three other people.
- We have no pets in the house
SHARED areas include:
- Big living room with fireplace
- Enclosed sunporch
- Full dining room
- Kitchen with eat-in breakfast nook, 2 big fridges
- Upstairs lounge
- Full walk-out basement with gym/ TV room, also a real darkroom
- Extra guest bedroom(s) for visitors
- Laundry room with brand new washer and a gas dryer
And OUTDOORS we enjoy our:
- Full deck with spectacular views
- Stairs to our PRIVATE BEACH on lovely southern Quartmaster Harbor for boating, beach walks, swimming (and our harbor water is heated! ...by the sun. sometimes :-)
- Gazebo with a picnic table -- let's barbecue!
- Lawns with fruit trees; badminton anyone?
- Private woodsy area to walk, meditate or write in
- Flowerbeds, vegetable patch if you are into gardening
- Smoking is permitted only outside - there are a couple nice places to sit where you can stay dry even in the rain.
CONVENIENT Burton Peninsula location provides:
- 2 minute walk to Burton Acres hiking trails
- 2 minutes to Jensen Point boathouse/beach with rowing club, paddle board lessons, rentals etc.
- 12 min. walk to Burton village bus stop, with general store, coffee stand, hair salon, post office, galleries
- 25 min. bus ride to North End/Seattle ferry, 10 min. to South End/Tacoma ferry
- You can commute in about 55 minutes from our front door to either city's center
Outbuildings on the property include:
- Big 2-car garage with an unfinished loft-studio above
- Another separate 1-car garage/shop with mechanic's floor-bay (great for working on cars)
- Lots more uncovered parking
If you are interested in being a part of this huge happy home, please send an email describing yourself, what you do for work/play, what you are looking for, and anything else you think is interesting! Be sure to include your phone number so we can invite you to come look and talk.
It takes all kinds -- so, as long as we all are kind, we can make our comfy, welcoming household whatever we want.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers