Telecare operates the Mark Reed Evaluation and Treatment (E&T) center in McCleary WA. This program, located in Grays Harbor County, is a secure 16-bed inpatient E&T for adults aged 18+ who meet the criteria for services under the Involuntary Treatment Act (ITA). Our mission at this facility is to engage individuals with complex needs in recovering their health, hopes, and dreams. We are looking for employees that have a desire to work in a team environment that is focused on recovery and empowerment.
Employment Status: Full Time, Part Time, On-Call
Shift: Varies (AM, PM, and NOC)
Pay: Minimum $ 15.05 Hourly
1st Quartile $ 16.59 Hourly
Maximum $ 21.21 Hourly
The Recovery Specialist II provides care that responds to the physical and psychological needs of members served. The Recovery Specialist II provides direct and indirect services according to individual service plans and Medicaid standards.
• High school diploma or G.E.D and some hands-on experience in a psychiatric mental health setting or BA/BS with one (1) year experience.
• Knowledge of basic nursing skills and interventions, as well as mental and physical health conditions and terminologies
• Must have a current Washington Agency Affiliated Counselor certification within 90 days of start date if hired, or a CNA. Can apply for WAAC within 7 days of hire. Other WADOH Licenses/Certifications may be considered.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
o Must be CPR, AED and First Aid certified as a conditional offer requirement 5 business days prior to new hire orientation and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Provides a safe, effective, and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards of care
• Establishes, maintains, and co-facilitates a therapeutic relationship with members served; acts as a role model by maintaining a hopeful and positive attitude and problem-solving and coping with mental illness
• Attends and participates in community meetings and groups
• Charts and observes client behavior
• Documents client activities of daily living, response to interventions, and significant behavior changes as appropriate
• Admits and discharges members served as assigned; including completing associated documentation
• Collects stool, urine, and other specimens, as requested, on assigned clients
• Obtains client vital signs and weights, as assigned
• Assists members served with hygienic care
• Assists at mealtime by distributing meal trays, pouring beverages, and/or feeding members served in need of assistance
• Provides client monitoring including, but not limited to, rounds, seclusion and restraint supervision and smoke breaks.
• Practices body substance precautions at all times
• If employed at inpatient program, must assist with the restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Knowledge of basic psychiatric rehabilitation interventions
• Good communication skills
• Ability to use problem-solving techniques
• Ability to interview members served to determine client needs
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, twist, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, twist, reach and to do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetitive and dexterity and be exposed to uneven walking ground as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers