compensation: $12/hr every Saturday employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Description Details: The Farmers Market Assistant will support the Farmers
Market Manager in weekly operations at the Port Angeles Farmers Market. This
includes assisting the Market Manager with setup, token booth, tear down, and market
day activities as needed.
WHO WE ARE
The Port Angeles Farmers Market is a non-profit dedicated to supporting and
uplifting small local businesses by engaging the many diverse members of our
community. With deep roots in our agricultural community, we provide an effective
direct sales site for small regional farmers. In addition, we strive to connect low
income families with resources to make fresh local produce affordable.
1. Assist with setup at the farmers market, starting at 7:30 am every Saturday
2. Conduct customer counts and customer surveys.
3. Accept credit and EBT cards from customers and administer market token
programs, along with the market manager.
4. Perform general market tasks such as assisting vendors, answering
questions, and making sure the market runs smoothly.
5. Attend market 7:30 am - 3:30 pm each Saturday.
6. In the case of the Farmers Market Manager's absence, the Assistant will
support the Farmers Market Board in managing the market.
1. Cultural competency to work well with people from diverse backgrounds.
2. Ability to count money and do basic math in a busy environment.
3. Respond to issues that arise efficiently, effectively, and compassionately.
4. Traffic management.
5. Team player who promotes teamwork and a positive environment.
6. Work a full day on your feet in all weather conditions
7. Lift at least 50 pounds safely.
8. Thoughtfully engage shoppers and vendors.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter stating why you are qualified for the position. Please
address the following in your cover letter:
1) Experience working with the public.
2) Why you are interested in working with the organization.
Application should be sent to PortAngelesFarmersMarket@Gmail.com with
‘Assistant’ as the Subject Line.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers