Join the Kitsap Bank Family a Branch Manager
QR Code Link to This Post
We have the greatest employees in the world. We truly care about each other, our customers, and the communities around us. We only hire the best people, who believe that the customer comes first. As a local, family-owned company, we embrace our family culture and we recognize our responsibility to supporting others.
Summary: The Branch Manager is responsible for overall profitability of assigned branch by directing sales and business development, meeting operational objectives, and ensuring the branch achieves its annual goals. Management and leadership duties include: employee development and engagement, ongoing coaching, and performance management. Branch Managers are responsible for building the bank’s presence in the community and prospecting and enhancing business relationships. The Branch Manager position provides and models exceptional customer service and represents Kitsap Bank in a courteous, professional manner to clients.
• Plans, coordinates and monitors the overall activities and operations of the branch, including tracking and monitoring sales, customer service, and performance against established goals and objectives.
• Manages an active calling program targeting small businesses in the market area.
• Fosters professional bank relationships requiring teamwork with Cash Management, Merchant Services, Olympic Investments, lenders and other Bank departments.
• Develops and leads quarterly sales, marketing, and business development plans for the branch.
• Reviews and approves the daily overdraft report.
• Monitors branch budget to include income and expense control.
• Assumes overall accountability for branch performance, audits and compliance. Ensures that all internal operational procedures and credit controls are adhered to on a consistent basis.
• Ensures staff follows bank policies, procedures, security requirements, and government regulations.
• Participates in branch functions and community activities to promote the Bank’s image and growth in a professional manner.
• Provides ongoing training and mentoring to branch staff to enhance product knowledge and sales referrals.
• Provides direct reports with proper tools and authority to execute their assigned functions. Develops skills of staff through coaching, training, counseling and performance management.
• Models and ensures that staff actively learns, demonstrates and fosters the Kitsap Bank corporate culture in all actions and words.
• Develops, maintains and demonstrates a thorough knowledge of Kitsap Bank products and services, documentation requirements and systems operation.
• Performs all responsibilities in accordance with bank policies and complies with all security procedures, compliance regulations and safety procedures.
• Maintain the safety and confidentiality of customer information.
• Interviews clients to determine banking needs. Discusses consumer and commercial products.
• Accurately quotes rates, terms and programs to meet client consumer lending needs. Facilitates the end to end process from loan origination to closing for both non real estate and real estate secured lending products.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Five plus years’ experience in banking and/or the financial service industry.
• Proven ability to provide professional, responsive customer service; providing strong customer service delivery, sales, business development and relationship building skills.
• Strong managerial and leadership skills are required to manage, motivate, and develop direct reports.
• In-depth working knowledge of banking products and services and the consumer lending process.
• Proven ability to assess client needs and identify opportunities for cross-selling Bank products and services.
• Demonstrated ability to manage income and expense budget.
• Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations relating to branch operations and consumer lending.
• Strong listening, verbal written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to effectively utilize computer technology.
• Ability to operate standard bank/office equipment such as a copy machine, telephone, fax machine, branch capture scanner and ten-key calculator.
• Demonstrated success in achieving established sales goals.
• Must meet NMLS registration requirements*
*Note: This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008. You will be subject to the required registration process, which includes a criminal background check. Failure to meet or maintain any of the NMLS registration requirements, including maintaining a satisfactory criminal and credit record, may result in a rescission of your offer or termination of employment. The Bank will verify whether the applicant has been included in any of the following lists: U.S. System for Award Management (SAM), the HUD Limited Denial of Participation List (LDP List), or the Federal Housing Finance Agency’s (FHFA) Suspended Counterparty Program (SCP) list. Inclusion on any of these lists may also result in a rescission of your offer or termination of employment.
• Position frequently involves hearing, speaking, fingering, standing, walking and repetitive motions of hands/wrists.
• Requires use of close and distance vision.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English and effectively communicate with Bank clients.
• Travel is occasionally required to client’s places of business.
• Ability to discern information and formulate appropriate action.
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.